|Seto no Hanayome Episode 05|
School in the Crosshairs
|Name in Japanese||狙われた学園|
|Rōmaji Translation||Nerawareta Gakuen|
|Release Date||April 29, 2007|
|Storyboard||Yoshihiko Iwata, Hiroko Gōda|
|Episode Director||Atsushi Takeyama|
|Previous||Seto no Hanayome Episode 04|
|Next||Seto no Hanayome Episode 06|
School in the Crosshairs (狙われた学園, Nerawareta Gakuen) is the fifth episode of the 2007 anime series Seto no Hanayome.
Sun and Nagasumi attend their first day of school. Sun's parents, Gōzaburō and Ren Seto, as well as the Seto Gang, all pose as teachers at their middle school. To make matters worse, Nagasumi's friend, Hideyoshi "Chimp" Sarutobi, falls in love with Sun. Nagasumi must survive constant attacks from his new so-called teachers.
- Sun uses Howling Voice a mermaid technique for the first time in the anime.
- The episode's title is a reference to the novel, School in the Crosshairs.
- Ren: Perhaps it is a bit crazy to call in a favor with the Ministry of Education in order to work as school personnel. But you know what, Nagasumi? [hugs Nagasumi close to her heart] Sometimes just goin' a little bit crazy can make life a whole lot more interestin'.
- Nagasumi: So, what are you doing here?
- Ren: Now that you know about us mermaids and you and Sun are engaged, you need to become one of us, don'tcha think? And if you don't think our little Sun is good enough for ya, perhaps I could make you into my own kept man.
- Nagasumi: What're you talking about?! I need to get outta here! Excuse me!
- [he scurries out of the nurse's office; Ren blushes and smiles]
- Ren: He's so cute!
- [Fujishiro catches Nagasumi trying to stop Chimp from peeping at the girls' locker room]
- Fujishiro: You're a stupid boy, Nagasumi, letting me find you alone in a deserted place like this. You know what I'll do? I'll eat you! In under 5 seconds, I'll bite off your head and eat it!
- [Fujishiro has chased Nagasumi to a dead end]
- Fujishiro: Oh, good! Time for...!
- [the program slows down]
- Nagasumi: I don't wanna be shark food! How am I supposed to get out of this?! I could dive into that classroom, but no! Right now, they're... Sun, what do I do?! I don't wanna be swallowed whole by this man-eating shark!
- [after slowing down for about one tenth of a second in the program, it runs at normal speed, just as Nagasumi narrowly avoids Fujishiro's jaws]
- Fujishiro: ...LUNCH!!